November 30, 2022 Clerk Craft Award Notice
Clerk Craft Award Notice for November 30, 2022 have been posted on the Bid Results page of this website.
Please note that the listed bid assignments will become effective Saturday, January 14, 2023.
Vacancy Notice – Best Qualified Assignment – Data Collection Tech – Revised
DATA COLLECTION TECHNICIAN – LEVEL 7
Domiciled at Oakland P&DC, 1675 7th St.
The position is open to Clerk Craft in Oakland Bid Center
Opening Date: November 18, 2022
Closing Date: November 29, 2022
Selection Criteria – Best Qualified
For the full description & application, please go to the Best Qualified Positions page.
November 9, 2022 Clerk Craft Vacancy Notice
The November 9, 2022 Clerk Craft Vacancy Notice has been posted on the Bid Postings page of this website.
Peak Season Exception Period MOU and PSE District Cap MOU Ramp Up Period- 2022
Postal Service Updating COVID-19 items
- The Postal Service is no longer asking people to quarantine—rather if an employee is exposed the Postal Service is telling them to wear a high-quality mask for 10 days and get tested on day 5 after exposure.
- However, the Postal Service still recommends isolation (don’t go to work) when you are sick and suspect you have COVID-19 and to follow the CDC isolation guidelines if you have not been tested. (See slide 2 of brief presentation)
- If you do test positive, employees stay home for at least 5 days and once you leave home wear a mask through day 10. (see slide 2 of brief presentation).
- The “Decision Tree” no longer grants administrative leave under any circumstances. The Postal Service says employees are to use Annual, Sick, or LWOP for their absences.
- Close contact tracing is no longer done by the Postal Nurses but returned to local health departments to conduct. I believe they did this so that it is an outside agency or medical provider who is telling the employee to stay off work instead of the Postal Service.
- Remember, employees who are contract COVID-19 can still qualify for OWCP and Continuation of Pay (COP). The eligibility to apply under the loosened standards lasts currently through January 27, 2023. However, the APWU Legislative Department is working hard to have Congress extend this date. You can learn more here: How to File an OWCP Claim When Diagnosed with COVID-19 | American Postal Workers Union (apwu.org) or contact the Human Relations Department with your OWCP questions.
President Dimondstein Signs Annual Leave Exchange and Annual Leave Carryover MOUs
President Dimondstein signed off on the two additional MOUs: one that allows for the increased annual leave carry over from leave year 2022 to leave year 2023 and one that allows for additional annual leave exchange prior to leave year 2023.
To view original article & MOUs click here.