Revision of the Leave Offered Through the Wounded Warriors Leave Act of 2015
From: Lynn Pallas-Barber
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:49 PM
To: Regional Coordinators; NBAs
Cc: Jimmie Waldon; Clint Burelson; Lamont Brooks; Michael Foster; Idowu Balogun; Javier Pineres
Subject: FW: REVISED Notification No. N19C20180435 USPS Proposes to Revise MI EL-510-2016-8 Wounded Warriors Leave
- Eligible new hires will receive 104 hours of WWL upon hire (as required by the 2015 law) to be used for the remainder of the current calendar.
- Each January, all disabled veterans with a 30% or more disability rating will receive 104 hours of WWL to use during the calendar year.
- At the end of each calendar year, an remaining WWL will be forfeited but, assuming the employee still has a combined disability rating of 30% or more, he/she will receive a new 104 hours at the start of the new year.
- Any unused WWL is not rolled over to the next year, nor will it be paid out if the employee leaves.
- WWL can be used concurrent with FMLA, when appropriate.